Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Eyes

 When we had our eyes done, we were cautioned not to buy new glasses for up to a year, as our vision could change more than once during that time.  So it was off to Dollarama, and I still get my glasses there, although David has a new prescription that he prefers.  I was actually told that they couldn't do anything better for me than the old prescription that I bought about a year after my surgery.  This is the pair that has the special focal length for use in the studio, so not really useful for anything else.  Since I only pay $2.00 plus tax per pair, I have a separate pair for everywhere that I might sit for a bit to read or stitch.

I finally started the "State of Terror" book.  I picked it up over a week ago, but had been reading another book that left me with an absolutely chilling concept of how the current American political system could end up, based on where it is now.  I picked up the Clinton/Penny book right after finishing that one, and realized that it was American politics again, and just couldn't deal with it--so disturbing was the previous book.  I tried but just couldn't get into it. So I read the more fluffy British Police procedurals I mentioned in my last post first.  Then tried the Clinton/Penny book again and was off to the races,  Couldn't put it down, but realized that I need sleep last night, so will have to finish it today.

We were quite snowed in yesterday, but the shovellers came late in the evening, and cleaned the driveway.  We'll have to see how good a job they did after lunch when I want to head out to pick up the remaining ornaments that are still at the shop downtown.  We have also realized that there were a few items missed when we shopped on Monday.  I've been quite pleased at how much money we've saved this month, with not going out of the house, but it looks like the chickens are coming home to roost.

Now to get ready for our excursion.  Maybe even get a cup of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment