Monday, January 31, 2022

Arrggghh!!

 I told Beth, but now I share my humiliation with all. On Saturday I was roasting a chicken for supper. We were going to the legion to watch curling, so I set the timer in the stove.  I kept mentioning at the legion that I hoped the timer worked. When we got home the oven was on and at the right temperature. Unfortunately the chicken was still sitting on the counter!  Needless  say we had no supper Saturday. Breakfast Sunday was roast chicken, mashed potatoes, carrots and cauliflower, gravy and coleslaw😊.  Today, after three more meals of chicken Jim decided on hamburgers for supper. (I froze two trays of chicken in gravy for later). I got everything ready and then dropped a full quart of Bread and butter pickles on the floor.  Glass, pickles and juice everywhere. I even had to pull the fridge out to wipe up the pickles and glass. If things come in threes, what is next!?  We’re all under a blizzard warning here, but unless things change we should  miss the worst of it here. Maybe some blowing snow tonight. It looks like it is all going around us.  Lucky and I have been able to go for longer walks recently as the weather was warmer. Today we headed east, but soon after we crossed the mile road I became “snow blind”. Everything was totally white everywhere and I became really disoriented!  We had to turn back to home and it was a while before I calmed down. Lucky had no concerns at all. We have been watching the Scotties, but Wednesday  the Olympics start on CBC and the first broadcast is mixed double curling!  Decisions decisions!  (Ok.   I just went to wash the dishes, and when I came back the cat’s paw was on my phone and the screen said  “Oh poop”. Should I be scared??). We went to Barb’s today. She is still really antivax.  When we dropped by the last few times she is wearing her “coercion is not consent” t-shirt. But it is her choice. And since she’s thinks the whole pandemic is a conspiracy she isn’t concerned about making other people sick. Sometimes you just want to smack someone. (Ooops! Was that out loud?). So now I will finish the dishes and I think a glass of wine is in my future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment