Sunday, July 17, 2022

A day of doing nothing

 The house is shut up and dark, with fans blowing every direction.  I tried to take Lucky for a walk this morning, but it was already hot and he wasn’t too interested. We walked a ways in the long grass of the hay field, he had a pee and was quite content to return home. I envy him being able to lie on the cool concrete of the basement floor. Even if I got down to it I would never get up. I am glad the golf tournament was last Sunday. It was hot but not like this. Even the 100th anniversary of the cenotaph was not this hot. Poor Rrain has to be out today covering the Minnedosa fair/rodeo. I’ve given up on cleaning my house. It is what it is. I envy both of you your beautiful yards. Mine is still nothing but dry sand and weeds☹️  My garden is growing, but I water it daily. I have flower pots around but the flowers did very poorly this year. None of them spread out like they usually do, so I have big pots with one scrawny flower in each. There is rain in the forecast for Tuesday with a big drop in temperature for the day. I hope to open the windows and cool off the house. Even the nights have been hot with a high humidex. We do have Rrain’s old, portable air conditioner but all our windows are newer with the window cranking open and a full length screen inside. You can’t open them part way to run the hoses outside☹️  It is an old unit so maybe the newer ones are better. We need a new furnace so that will have to come before an air conditioner.  We had to get a new fridge already this month so it is going to be a case of too much month at the end of the money. Today Jim has decided that we will go to an air conditioned restaurant for a late lunch/early supper. In this heat I don’t feel like eating, let alone cooking. I stocked up on some cold cuts and tomatoes yesterday so we can have a cold plate for our meals for a while. I don’t even want to cook on Tuesday because I want to cool off the house. There is just no satisfying me😊    

No comments:

Post a Comment