Sunday, July 3, 2022

Gobldygook

 Since the last week has been pretty well spent in the studio or sitting in the garden, there really isn't much I can say.  So, this morning I took a cruise through the garden.  

My Hydrangeas have been  a disappointment this year.  David says that I was too ruthless when I pruned them this spring. Lots of green but no blossom, except on one small plant under the living room window.




The Maple Bush by the stairs is doing beautifully, almost taking over that corner of the garden.  We have talked about getting another one for the southern most corner of the front flower beds.  We haven't had much luck growing anything else there.

The ferns in the back are huge!  I actually went out and counted them to see how many there are, since they seem to be everywhere, but there are only 5.  It just appears to be more because of the size.

This is the garden area under and to the west of the bird feeder and Rose bush. Almost a jungle with all of the Ferns, Hosta ( yes, there are Hosta there) and crab grass.  I need to see if I can find someone to weed that section of the flower bed.

And this is the Rose bush I have spoken of so often.


The time in the studio has been well spent, and there are pictures on the other blog.

David has been puttering in the garden, pacing himself, and taking lots of breaks, just sitting and enjoying summer.  We haven't even put up the umbrella yet this year, because of the constant, often strong, prairie winds. These have been a real problem this year, and often prevents us sitting outside.  However, yesterday and today are beautiful.  Last evening I even went to McDonald's and brought supper home in a bag, to eat outside, and we did.  Not sure what today holds, but right now, I plan to head outside with my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment