Sunday, July 17, 2022

Your heat and hot is now my heat and hot......

 Good Sunday morning,

Yes, it is also hot here now and so we all are feeling the pain of it all. The garden as well, as I need to water every evening and often through the day as having planted in pots mostly, they become dry very quickly. But I must tell you about my inside plants which are now outside for the summer. They tend to flourish outside after the initial shock factor. But my Maplewood Cactus is doing so well since it was repotted and the root bound issue was managed. So thanks to  Dave 👍 Even the little shoots that I cut off (the ones growing long and hanging from plant) have taken root in another pot so it appears at least for now that I may have myself not one, but two Maplewood Cactus to cherish. I have other cactus and there are buds coming on them. And the Clevia which I got years back from my late friend Ruth is in blossom again. Remember that big plant I showed in bloom on one of our video calls? - this is the one and I call it Ruth as it seems to flower every July - her birth and death month. Weird but wonderful.

Sorry - as soon as i wrote "weird" the computer went crazy and shut me down and i could do nothing but close it up. But while i waited, i ran out and took pictures which I shall post now.


The blooms are not fully opened yet but you can see already how glorious it will be.


And the cactus in its new pot.

The other thing I am starting to do is to document all the perennials in the yard and garden by taking pictures, referencing my Garden Book to identify, and then put into some sort of album for my ongoing use. There are so many lovely plants growing and certainly in Spring I do not want to weed them out if they will be turning into summer flowering plants every year. A work in progress.

Well this will surprise you...as we were walking the dogs as we do early every morning, I ponder what I would like to make for my breakfast when i return home.  And voila.... I had Coyote Original Pancake mix pancakes - just for me. The surprise is that I actually have a bit of the mix left here that I save and save just so I have it haha! I cannot remember when i actually brought it home - but I remember that Dave mailed some to me as well. Regardless, I have it. And i enjoyed it.

Well lots of work just waiting for my attention so better get on with it. Stay cool and safe ...out of the heat and sun. 👪❤

No comments:

Post a Comment