Monday, July 25, 2022

Anybody out there?

We must all be enjoying our summer tremendously , sitting out in the sun, lazing the day away.  Or is that just me?  Whoops!  Sorry to be so long in posting.  Life really has been a whirlwind of sorts, with a lot of "hurry up and wait", and then exhaustion to the point of not being able to do anything but sit and veg in front of the computer.  I'm now up to Season 14 in Midsomer Murders, and finding quite a few shows that I have never seen before.

Things may be settling down a bit now-maybe.  We have a doctor's appt. Wednesday morning early, and then an electrician coming to do a safety check on the wall switch in the pantry in the afternoon.  I may or may not go to the craft group in Lorette that afternoon.

Is that enough to bring on tension headaches maybe? Well, I plan to deal with that by visiting the Massage Therapist this afternoon.  We have coverage for this, and rarely use it, so why not?

Sadly, Loren, Amber and Darren have all now tested positive with Covid.  Amber has been quite ill, and Loren as well, although he is better now, but still testing +, and working from home.  I'll call Amber later today and find out how she and Darren are doing.  We get our 4th shot on Wednesday, and I'm not planning anything for Thursday, as the shot put me out of commission for awhile every other time I had it.

But now things have settled down a bit, it's time to catch up on housework.  We were pretty good at surface cleaning whenever we were expecting company, but now it's time to pay the piper.  Too bad, as I'm still hearing the call to creative frenzy from downstairs.  I may find time to get down there for awhile today, but, over the last while, I find myself better able to take things as they come.  All of my stress reduction activities have been tested, to the limit, during Covid, and are no longer quite as effective.  Thus the need for Massage Therapy, but maybe it's time to find other ways of managing the stress, anyway.

Now that he no longer has to worry about keeping the grass cut, David is puttering in his garden almost every day and appears to be loving it.  He will sit to weed, and use tools including a long handled reacher, set his own pace, and rest regularly.  Wonderful, and it pleases me to see him happy.

But now he's up (finally, I was wondering if I needed to check), so the day begins, and it's only 11:30.  What a life we lead!

Statistics are getting scary.  Stay safe, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment