Tuesday, July 5, 2022

We did it!

 Can't offer pictures of big trees, but I can tell you that we bought an Acorn Stair Lift, for the basement.  It will be installed on Friday morning, and before then we need to find the closest electrical outlet to the bottom of the stairs.  This may mean emptying and moving two large book cases, and a large chest.  But we'll get'er done.  I've already alerted Loren that we may be looking for help.  He's dropped in, most recently while biking, in his full biking gear.  Quite a sight.

So not much more to say.  I'm spending my evenings watching old Midsomer Murders shows to take advantage of my 30 day free trial of Prime Video.  I think I'm on Season 7 Episode 7 right now.  Yesterday while at Walmart to pick up a batch of pills, we bought David a package of lightweight socks.  His ankles are swelling just a tiny amount, but enough that he has trouble getting his boots on.  Have either of you ever shopped for socks at Walmart? I don't think I've ever seen so many socks.  Men's, Women's and children's all in the same area.  We found some very nice ones for him and then realized they were girl's sizes.  But finally found some acceptable to David, and he's wearing them today. I found a pair of pants, the right size but very narrow at the ankles.  I have to wonder if Walmart has a "thing" for ankles as the last two pair I bought there also needed the ankle area changed.  As you can see there are some really in-depth philosophical discussions at our house.

My next task (according to my Bujo,) is to set up new E.R.I.K. Kits for both of us.  There have been so many medication changes over the years that the old ones are getting pretty ragged.  I have to wonder if these have any value, now that the EMTs appear to have computer access to our medical records.  But since these new kits were given to me by the Rural Municipality of Tache quite recently, I have to believe they are still useful.

And now we're off to shop for fabric.  I sold some of my stuff and now have $130 burning a hole in my purse.  We also found out that I've made a serious over-payment on my Mastercard, so have that to spend.  Maybe a new set of sheets?  My old ones are so shrunken that I can barely get them on anymore.  

Enough excitement for you from around here?  😁😁

No comments:

Post a Comment