Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Oh, a Garden Tour - I love it...

 Good morning,

After viewing your pictures, Cathy and Pati, I thought I would try as well. I was able to show the peonies the other day so hope I can repeat my success.

It is a rainy day today but yesterday I started to take a few pictures to contribute, and planned to continue today but too much rain. There is a beautiful rose that is starting to bloom and I wish to capture it in its full glory and with some sun, so I shall wait to do that. But in meantime I have few to share now with you. 

The Gallery is now open


In the small greenhouse we have peppers, kale and lettuce but it is the lettuce that I am treasuring right now and have had several nice green salads so far.


This is just one of four new brick raised gardens we made this year using the pile of bricks we moved from a home far away last year for free. It took three trips each about three hours long to get them all back home. They were piled in the driveway until this Spring and then utilized. In this one at the front looking towards our driveway and the road ( our car in view) are mostly peppers growing.


The focal point for this picture are the three huge blown glass ornaments, one in each of the three pots holding geraniums. Harry picked these up at a sale several years ago and since then I have displayed them here at the corner of the house leading to the front door from the driveway.


The next few pictures are of the huge tree in the back of the yard called an Indian Bean Tree - it has another name something like Catapulta butI am not sure. The one above shows the full breadth of the tree at the back. The leaves are huge and heart shaped and now I will show you the blossoms on it right now, which eventually turn into foot long beans. I do not know what one does with the beans - they are not what we would eat but perhaps maybe somewhere they might do that???

The blossoms remind me of mini orchids growing in clumps and bunches all over the tree. 



This view shows the full height of the tree reaching up almost as far as the pine trees in the back.

That is all for now .....I had fun doing this. Are we game for showing anymore of our gardens, as sort of a tour of where we play all day haha?

Take care.... XX😄😄

No comments:

Post a Comment