Monday, February 25, 2013

Back to work

I really enjoy having my Fridays off, but I sure hate coming back to all the work that's accumlated for me.  Today I have accomplished virtually nothing new because of a stupid plan that has all sorts of twists and turns to it.  I shall perservere. I am ignoring the other 4 plans.  I looked at one and it was all wrong.   Jim and I were playing crib last week and I got my very first ever 29!!  I was so excited my hands were shaking.  Jim said I could never play poker 'cause he could tell by the look on my face when the 5 was cut that something was happening!  Even with the 29 I almost lost the game.   It was my only good hand.  We moved a lot of Kik's stuff out on Saturday.  I don't know where she is going to put it all.  She is house sitting right now, so doesn't have to live in the new place while she sorts things.  She is house sitting an extra week, since they called and said they were having such a good time in Barbados that they were staying another week.  (nooooo,   I'm not jealous... what gave you that idea?)   I am going to the Union meeting in Brandon after work.  It is supposed to be informative so maybe I will get a better understanding of what will be happening with the takeover.  They also said they would have elections, but there appear to be more positions than we have staff in Brandon & Neepawa.   Dauphin only has 3 unionized employees.  I wonder how they will fill all the spots.  The union may have to re-define the districts.    Poor Jim.  He decided to make gravy last night with our pork roast.  He called me upstairs and asked what was in a container.  I told him it was powdered milk.  He had put some in the gravy, but I told him that was okay.  I went to get him some flour, but he said he already had some.  I came back upstairs a few minutes later, and he was adding icing sugar!  He thought it was flour.  Interesting gravy.  Time for work yet again.  Have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment