Monday, February 11, 2013

We live in Canada, and what's more, we live in central Canada, where winter is often the main topic of conversation.  I want to know about your life and how you are dealing with it. Please don't censor.

I picked up the third, and most recent "Mercy" book by Lori Anderson today.  i think I may well be the first to read it, as we got the notice last Friday and the book was only taken into the library on Thursday.  I had thought the title was "Mercy Rule" but it turns out it is "Merciless".  I just skimmed the back cover, and was glad to see that she is still with her lover, as there was some doubt at the end of the last one,  ( I guess so, after she ran against him for Sheriff).  His is a likable character.  It is one of those books that has a series of discussion question at the end to use if you are part of a book club, and i find those interesting to read.

The fish are finished, but a bit less than I had hoped.  I have a picture, but I'm not sure which computer I can use to post it.  I have a hunch it's the desktop, and I have limited access to that.  I stewed over those fish for months, and had been concerned, as I had no other piece in mind for when they were finished.  But last night, in bed, an idea came to me and it is fully developed in my mind, and about 1/3 done already. So, if I work hard, I may have choice of pieces to send to the exhibition.

I, too, had a sort of bridging for my pension.  I lost half of it when I got the Canada Pension at age 60, and lost the rest of it at 65.  Mine was just over $320/month, but was still a bit of a jolt to get over.  It had been a
package that was available for only a limited time,as they got rid of surplus, that had come about when HSC and St. Boniface pension plans merged.  I was lucky enough to retire at the right time. fortunately, I got a letter a few months in advance of losing it, but, yeah, it was so easy to forget in the course of life.  I'm very grateful for David's indexed military pension. We would be in trouble without it, and it was a major factor in our decision to retire early.






No comments:

Post a Comment