Monday, February 11, 2013

Weather Updates ad nausium....?

I figure that my postings are so repetative that they require no profound responses ? All I seem to write about is my misery with snow and ice and rain and heating greenhouses so I guess I better change direction, eh?
I plan to take a picture of my shawl today and get it developed when in North Bay tomorrow so I can send to you - it is not completed yet but so very close that I think you'll get the idea. I will write out a little description direct from the book that explains a bit of the "why" about the pattern. The stories that accompany the patterns are the meat of the book really and so interesting to read. Some of the patterns I would never try mainly because I not only don't like the finished effect but also because some of the directions seem complicated. I am sitting here with a nice warm coffee made on the Keurig machine. We found some KCups on sale at the Zellers store in Huntsville when we went to get Harry's new glasses. That store will close for good in March without another new venture planned. In North Bay the Zellers closed end of January and is being converted into a Target store. That should be interesting to see how it's presence will affect the Hart Store, and the new Giant Tiger being built as well as the current Walmart. I never go into the Winners Store so don't really know how much business it is doing. Last week I bought four used fabric napkins at the Rebuilt Store - 25 cents each so not a big expense but good enough for me to fool around with folding from my new book. I have a can of spray starch that I will use to stiffen them a bit and make my practice folding a bit easier. I cut up some paper towels rolls into smaller circles and covered them with fabric and a ribbon and voila, a napkin holder. This is going nowhere except to give me a bit of relief once in awhile and may be thats just fine! I have an eye appt on Wednesday and anxious to see if any real change in my vision since last time. I got a shock in the mail the other day from my Hospital Pension saying all my "bridging $" since I retired will be eliminated in April - somehow I had forgotten about this - I guess I was enjoying the money every month without thinking that when I turn 65 everything will change - sure I'll get the OAS but it will only be about half as much as the bridging has been. I guess I'll have to mourn a bit and then get used to less moneyhaha Actually my Hospital benefits plan will also cease in April and so I'll have to transition to Harry's provincial pension benefits. So many changes..... well the start of another week and hoping you are all fine.Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment