Wednesday, February 6, 2013

more cooking

Today I made the Potato-Leek soup from the Kraft recipes.  I had this many years ago at a pot luck and thought I might enjoy it again.  It was a little fussy to make, but made up quickly.  Quite tasty after I added a little salt, and there is enough for another couple of servings.  Too late I read the nutritional breakdown, and realized that I shouldn't get anywhere near it.  Too much sodium and too many calories.  Monday I made lasagne.  We had bought  jar of pasta sauce that was on sale, and then spent even more money buying the makings for the lasagne. Then the jar wasn't quite big enough, so I mixed in a jar of Alfredo sauce that had been in the pantry far too long.  I guess that made Rose sauce, didn't it.  Any way it was so-o-o good.  And there are two more tucked away in the freezer.

I will be taking my sewing machine in for a general servicing on Friday, so don't want to start anything right now.  It has been hard used, and needs a little TLC.  As well, I don't want any problems when we go up to Neepawa.  So I have been working on the piece for the FAN show that will debut in Penticton this spring.  Today I finally got down to painting the fish, and actually have them cut out and ready to fuse.  I'm going to leave it up on the wall for a few days, until I'm sure about where I want them to be within the piece.  I have been procrastinating on this for months and now the April 1st deadline looms. Actually, when I think about it, the deadline is probably a little sooner than that, as I have to have a photo to send with the entry form. April 1st, is when it must be in the mail.

Otherwise I read.  Found a series that is a violent and fairly "earthy".  It is the "Mercy" series by Lori Armstrong.  I have read "No Mercy" and "Mercy Kill", and am waiting for the library to find "Mercy Rules" for me.  David is very much enjoying the Dave Robicheaux series by James Lee Burke, but I read one, and then couldn't get into any more.  I may try again, as I am finding it difficult to find new books art the library.  Most new books are published in the spring and fall.

today I am grateful, yet again, that I don't have to get up and go to work every morning.  The snow just doesn't stop and the cold remains with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment