Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The mysteries of the internet

I am at work, logged in under the gmail account, but at least it let me in!  My life centres around work and home with very little in between (poor Cathy).  I always envy the two of you being retired when I have at least another 6 or 7 years to go, but I can't retire because I don't have a good pension.  At least I know that now instead of after I retired.  Even with a pay cheque there is way more month at the end of the money. (like right now!!) I seem to have had a steady cold since last fall. It is really starting to wear me down.  I am on antibiotics right now, and hopefully they will help.  I was supposed to have my scope today, but it is postponed until March 4.  I called to see if I should come in with this infection and cough and it turns out they were going to call me to postpone anyway.  We are going to see Heart on March 15th and are eating in a restaurant!! (not chicken delight!)  Of course we have to leave for Dauphin early the next morning since we have to play crib at 1pm.  We are car pooling with the same people we went to The Pas with last year.  They don't play until Sunday morning but the banquet is Saturday night.  I would love to win and go to Nova Scotia, but like I told Beth.... the year I finally win the Command the Dominion will be in Winnipeg!  Both Jim and I got our Server's Licenses so that we could volunteer at the Legion.  You'r not even supposed to be behind the bar without your license which makes it hard to help when they are busy.  You can't even load the dish washer.  Of course I no sooner got it then they needed someone to work a 3 hour shift at meat draw.  It was fun and they split the tips with me.  I got $18.00!!  They kept telling me I was lucky that it wasn't busy, but I figured it was busy enough!   I have to go to a Union Meeting on Feb 25. We got a notice that it was at 5pm, so I wrote them and asked how they could represent Neepawa when the meeting was in Brandon, an hours drive away, but only 30 minutes after the office closed.  They said they would wait until Neepawa got there before starting.  When I first got a response from the Union, they told me they had passed it onto a staff representive... Loren Findlay!  I did want to attend this meeting because it will be dealing with our takeover by Teranet. We might get some of our questions answered.  They also wanted to hold elections, but I think there are more positions open than there is staff in the Brandon & Neepawa offices combined.  Speaking of work, I guess I should do some.  Talk to you again soon

No comments:

Post a Comment