Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Egg salad Sandwiches

Yesterday my Ravenesque group was to go out to Steinbach for the day.  However, the weather closed in, snow came, the wind blew and many highways were closed.  We had arranged to meet at Lagimodiere and Fermor, and with no way of contacting each other, David and I had to drive down Lagimodiere to meet and decide whether or not to take a chance.  Well, first of all we had to shovel out the car, as David discovered that the snow blower wouldn't start.  Then we barely made it down to Fermor, Lagimodiere was covered with blowing snow and barely passable.  Cars were stuck and we frequently bottomed out, but made it.   Met with Rose Anne, who was to drive me and we agreed that it was crazy to even think about hitting the highway.  She agreed to come and spend the day with me, but when we turned around to look at heading North on Lagimodiere, we realized that it was blocked, and traffic was quickly backing up all the way south.  We came home through the city.

When I spoke to Dianne in Steinbach, to let her know we wouldn't be coming, we mentioned the many egg salad sandwiches that Rose Anne had made to feed us all lunch, and I added that I had made a brownie for dessert.  Dianne told me that she had heard that you can actually freeze a brownie.  Who knew!!?  So yesterday David helped Rose Anne and I eat some of the sandwiches, and some of the Devilled eggs she had also brought, but she took quite a bit home with her, and left sandwiches for our lunch today.  Yes, we had them for lunch again today.  I think I've had enough for while, especially since I'm not supposed to eat eggs at all.

After Rose Anne left, David and I went to Club Regent for supper.  We enjoyed our evening and came home with a little extra money in our pockets.  Over breakfast we discussed what we would do with the money, and, other than paying a couple of bills, were undecided.  Still needing to run a few errands, we headed for the phone store to turn in the broken handset that we have had, and paid for, for over 15 years.  Yep, David saw a cordless set that he liked and we now have a completely new set up of phones.  The set included a built in answering machine, so, by turning in the handset, and cancelling our answering service, we figure we will have paid for the 4 wireless phones within a year.  Now all I need to do is find a teenager who can program the system up for me.







No comments:

Post a Comment