Thursday, February 7, 2013

Look out for more snow!

A big storm is coming through but so far seems to be predicted as being worse a bit south of here but nevertheless we should be getting a fair amount. Toronto is already calling for the Army like it did years ago when it snowed a lot. Lets see what happens by this time tomorrow. I don't want any more snow but will deal with it if I have to. We have the two propane heaters set up now in the greenhouses and I have already had an incident. I started the one in the smaller greenhouse and had to bend over to turn down the electric heater and my jacket caught on fire as it got too close to the propane element. I am terrified of these heaters and yet have to manage them. Hope it goes OK. I know our memories are short lived but from my recollections, this winter has been the worst ever......or is it as I get older, I am getting tired of it all? The next door neighbour who I told you was moving, told me today that they are moving into an apartment in Huntsville - and I thought what a great idea!! The van hasn't started since that really cold spell a few weeks ago...I had it plugged in today, but alas, the battery is dead now. I will have to boost it with my car I guess tomorrow. What fun.  In meantime, I am knitting my shawl and soon will be finished - it is looking very nice and gives me a sense of satisfaction. I liked to get your ideas on new authors Patty that you mentioned in your last blog, and have written the names down for future reference. I am almost finished The Santuary by Raymond Khoury and then will get into the series I bought for the Ereader. Time to go and check the heaters and  then hopefully some reading before bed. Hey, Cathy - what are you up to? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment