Saturday, February 2, 2013

Taking its toll?

This horrible changeable weather must be taking its toll on us all - the blog has been quiet for awhile but I will write a few words before hitting the bed and listening to Randy Bachman. Afterall, it is Saturday night date! My Maplewood cactus is covered with blossums and what a glorious sight! I am so happy that it is finally, after so many dorment years, it is coming to life. I only hope I can care for it the same as you folks care for yours - yours always look so healthy. This one is filling out beautifully now and as I said, a surprise to see so many flowers. I bought a few more books for my Ereader off KOBO - a new series and author that I have not read yet so really hoping that I shall like his writing. It is The Bower Series by Steven James. Anyone read him? I have made an appt to see the eye doctor the end of February, so I may have to make a decision about cataracts depending on what he tells me he sees on examination. I am feeling that they are getting worse and now find driving to be a bit of a pain. The elderly couple who have live next door to us for a few years now told me that they have sold their house and will be moving out April 29. I shall be sad to see them go and we got along very well. Apparently the new owner is the sister of a lady who lives across the street and is from Holland. I don't know the lady across the street at all, so perhaps she and her sister will socialize and I won't have to worry about getting along. Aren't I awful! Hope all is well with everyone and hang in there as the winter is going to be over in 6 weeks. Two out of four groundhogs today predicted an early Spring so I'll go along with them and plan on it. The greenhouses are surviving still but takes a bit of tending. I got water in my basement the other day during the rain - came in through the window above the washing machine - just enough to make me mad. All the shoveling of the roof so far and no leaks there, but why all of a sudden water in to the basement? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment