Sunday, February 3, 2013

Must be quiet...

as David came to me this morning and suggested that I should get busy, as I hadn't blogged in awhile.  Did the test class for my Advanced Machine Quilting class, and despite all my efforts to cut down on the information I want to teach, the class is just too full.  Two ladies suggested that it should be a two day class.  So back to the drawing board.  It really shouldn't be too much of a job to take sections out, certainly not as much as would be having to write them and make the samples.  And there will still be a bunch of stuff left over, so, maybe for a follow-up class??!

But I was absolutely exhausted last night.  Sat in front of the tv watching really stupid reality shows.  At 9:00 I found one ( or maybe it found me, as I wasn't changing channels) that I hadn't seen before, so that was okay, but after that it was straight to bed.  Today we get to put the basement back into its usual form.  David was up a little earlier than I, and tells me that the two extra tables are down, and the rug is back in place, but I imagine the rest of the work is pretty "putter-y", so will fall to me.

I found a book at the library that was #3 of a trilogy, except it didn't say that until you got into the forward.  It was a new release one week special, so I took it back, and discussed it with the librarian, who ultimately found me the other two books.  Except saying we discussed it with the librarian is a bit of an mis-statement.  She discussed it with herself, while we listened.  She is the funniest thing.  She literally thinks out loud as part of the conversation, and follows the most illogical convoluted chain of thought. One minute of conversation with her leaves your head spinning. We have dealt with her once or twice before, and generally tend to avoid her, but she is ecstatic about being asked a question, and jumps in with both feet trying to be helpful, as well as being relentless in solving the problem.  When I broke my shoulder, I asked about a book showing the anatomy of the shoulder.  I ended up with a pile of books covering the table, everything she thought might be useful, from every section of the library including children's, all of which she would have had to return to the shelves.

Friday night was a huge disappointment!   The show "Arrow" that we have been watching has turned out to be as a result of a one month free trial of pay TV, and we are unlikely to ever see it again.  Too bad, some nice eye candy on that show.

Since it's still morning, and I haven't been up that long, I'm not sure what makes me most grateful for today.  I'm very grateful that David has got a head start on the basement.  I'm grateful that I was able to do a test class for my workshop, and that I have time to revise, as a result of feedback from the class.  I'm grateful that we planned ahead, and have enough food and gas, so that we don't have to go out in the cold, cold weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment