Monday, July 21, 2014

And this is now hanging on my wall


It is done in oils, and comprised of several canvasses.  It was created as part of the "Art in the Forest" project,  few years back.  this is when we went out to the Sandilands site near Hadashville for the day.  I took a class in watercolour, but there were two potters, a fibre artist, and a fellow who carved tree stumps with a chain saw.  I blogged about it at the time.  Each of the artists was asked to produce a piece of art inspired by the forest in the area. The pieces were on display for a year.  This was done by my friend Vivian.  At the show last weekend, we traded, even, this for my Too Far Away piece from my Milky Way series.  Both of us think w got the best of the deal, which indicates a win-win situation.  I doubt you can see them but there are small animals and bugs in the forest.  It is actually titles "Sandilands".

No comments:

Post a Comment