Friday, July 25, 2014

Maybe that's a good thing.....

Nothing has changed you say? In my life nothing stays the same and it too, can become a bit bothersome haha. I loved your quick response to my comments , and wanted to immediately respond but timing is everything. I was only able to quickly read the blog and then log off.  Early this morning a major transformer in Sundridge blew up and we were without power.  Being without power here is nothing new, but NOT on the morning I have my hair appointment.  So disappointed was I as I walked up to the salon and rescheduled to Monday morning at 9 am. There she sat in the dark, so we commiserated together.for a short time. Around noon Harry and I  decided to go to North Bay to do some chores etc. Tomorrow is Willie's birthday and I had a few things for him - not his favourite Cherry Cheese Cake though as even though I had all the ingredients ready to bake it, I was not able to without power. Rain check for that  I guess! When we got back we had power yeah!! I am tempted to haul out our generator that we bought years ago and see if it will go. I want to plan a contingency- establish how many long cords I will need, and what will get plugged in- for sure the freezers and the fridge. The water pump is hard wired in electrically so there is no plug I can use so we would be without water and toilet use regardless. I can usually manage my anxiety better if I have a plan. Time to make a list eh?  We received a letter from the Village today about the sewer refurbishing. We have been told that we will be on the hook for a portion of the costs. The letter said we could pay a one time lump sum payment of almost $4000.00 by end of August, or opt for the payment twice yearly added to our  property taxes over 30 years calculated by the frontage footage of our lot X $2.85 per foot.  Guess which one I will choose haha
And so time for bed. Have a nice and relaxing weekend folks, and somebody please win the lottery real soon haha. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment