Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Your front room

I had great fun looking at the pictures. I magnified them and observed every little detail - including what book Dave is reading these days haha. It looks so comfortable now, and I'm sure that one day you will fall in love with an art piece to go on the wall you mentioned. Perhaps a "Pat Findlay original"?
Our friends from Petawawa who just returned from the world cruise on board the Queen Elizabeth just wrote a note to say they have put their house up for sale, will sell all their furniture and plan to move to Winnipeg with only clothes and personal possessions/pictures. What a decision, and more interesting for me, is that they are in a position in life to make such a sudden and somewhat drastic move. Certainly not in my league or anyway near a realm of possibility for me- pity!!
Tomatoes are ahead of me now - with dishes of them sitting in the kitchen waiting to be eaten or otherwise disposed of. And the raspberries are ripening quickly with picking everyday but at least I am ahead of them.
Harry went to a local farmer this afternoon and bought 5 bales of straw and brought them home in the car. I placed them in a pile and covered them with a tarp. They will be used for planting the garlic in the Fall and covering the roses etc to protect them in winter. But the car......was full of straw and dirt. So as an unplanned activity for me, I set about to clean the car. What is it they call it at a dealership- "detailing" -that's what I did. vacuuming, cleaning, swearing - I did it all, but in the end, the car looks nice again. It actually was time to have given it a little attention, but not suddenly just like that!
Terrible night last night - with thunderstorms it was enough but somehow the animals were affected adversely, and the big cat knocked over the fan which was running to keep me cool, and the front flew off and landed on the dog who was sleeping on the floor and all hell broke loose.Took awhile to get things to settle down, and consequently, very poor sleep for me.
I have made an appointment for a hair cut on Friday at 1030 am and can hardly wait. These humid days are hard on me - I curl my hair, and then backcomb it, and spray it, and ten minutes later it is straight and falling in my face. It should perk up my spirits anyway -it's time to perk up my spirits haha  On that happy note - time for bed and read more Donna Leon. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment