Thursday, July 10, 2014

Cat sitting

Mikey arrived about 1:00 yesterday.  He had been sick in his carrier and Loren had to wash everything, including the cat.  Cat disappeared into the basement.  We were trying to keep an eye on where he was hiding, but never figured he would go around the back of the furnace, under the gramophone, pull the insulation off the back of the basement shower stall, and crawl underneath.  Since my computer is in the basement, I was there most of the evening, with no indication of a cat.  When I was shutting down, around 10:00, I turned around and there he was watching me.  He came for a short bit of stroking, and then disappeared again.  We had an early doctors appointment today and were out of the house by 6:15. I had a bit of a nap and when I got up he was with David in the kitchen, but as soon as I appeared he took off again.  But a short time later he joined us in the living room and has been with us off and on for the rest of the day.  Thank Goodness he is settling in.  I was concerned, as Loren and Sheila hit the road this morning and won't be back for 2 1/2 weeks, and Jeremy and Gillian are up at Clear Lake for a couple of weeks or more.

It's a little strange having an animal in the house, as we've been without for almost 20 years.  I half expect that both of our allergies will kick in, as well, so we're going to have to make sure he can't get in our bedroom, as he usually sleeps with Loren.

Strawberries are just starting around here, but many of the farms along the Assiniboine will be out of service again this year. On the news tonight , it appears as though there is cautious optimism about the flood situation.  But everybody and his dog is talking about compensation.  For Pete's sake, the Army is still sandbagging!  Let's get the crisis over before casting blame.  It really makes me angry to see protesters blocking efforts to get the diversions moving, because it may interfere with their fishing!

I should have had a longer nap.  Not enough sleep makes me cranky.

No comments:

Post a Comment