Sunday, July 13, 2014

Rain,Rain, go away........

At least with the rain, the garden gets watered! So that is good, right?  I was up early pumping water and although it is only 7 am now, I feel as if I've already put in a full day haha.
We start the Nielsen Homescan Weekly Food survey again today.  I have to log in everything each of us eats and drinks for the entire day, and for 7 days. If completed we receive a $25.00 Visa card. So in a way it is worth the effort, but still I have to do it for both of us, and I consider it a pain as the set up of the survey is not in my opinion user friendly.
We did not end up going on the Cruise Friday night as got up to North Bay and eventually for a variety of reasons decided not to go - offered the tickets to Mike and Erin, but by time she got home from work, was too tired to go - Mike tried to call friends to give away tickets but couldn't. So in the end, no one used the tickets. Shame!
Yesterday I accompanied Harry on his garage sale excursion. It turned out to be a nice day as we drove along back roads from South River all the way south to Huntsville ending up at the Restore and then shopping at Fresco. I purchased a few items which included a gorgeous Quilt Book demonstrating quilting blocks and fabrics through the ages from 1800 to about 1960. At the restore they had a sale table of old tarnished silver items, I picked up a beautiful gallery tray about 12 diameter for $1.00. I will try to shine it up, but even still if it doesn't come up, I shall like to use it (don't ask when as I never really have an occasion!) or keep it with a few other trays I have.
Speaking of quilting, I watched another installment of The Quilt Show- Jane Dunnewold. I had to keep refreshing the video, but after all, it really doesn't affect the overall enjoyment of the Show for me. And, that little fabric Store in South River is closing out! Not that I went there often, but when I did have the urge, it was a bit of an outing and excursion for me that brought some pleasure. Oh well....!
Anyway, the day begins.... Nice to know Cathy is back home from her vacation -refreshed and ready to face the world - you go girl!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment