Sunday, July 6, 2014

Gosh, I wish something would happen around here!

Cathy, Beth tells me she has spoken to you, and you have made it successfully to your camp spot, despite detours around water.  Please, please enjoy every minute of your holiday--you have certainly earned it.  While camping doesn't appeal to me, getting away sounds like a really good idea.

Either tomorrow or Tuesday, the men are coming to dig up, and replace out front lawn.  We are infested with some kind on nasty worm that destroys the soil and kills the grass.  Then in the evening, I am driving out to Steinbach with my friend Rose Anne, to visit Dianne.  Wednesday, Loren will be bringing his cat over to spend over two weeks with us, while Loren and Sheila attend a family wedding (her family)in  Colorado Springs.  They plan to do some tourist-y things while they are away, as well.

I am reading another book in the Commissario Guido Brunetti  series by Donna Leon.  I read a lot of blood and guts police procedurals, and while these are police procedurals, they are a pleasant change.  They take place in Italy, and are quite frank about social problems within Italian society, but there is a gentle, laid back pace to them that is refreshing.There are no wild chases or frantic gun fights.  The hero is in love with his wife and she with him after many years of marriage.  While I've only read 3 or 4 of the books, the list of her publications includes many familiar titles.  If you are looking for a good summer read, Beth, you might want to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment