Wednesday, July 9, 2014

More strawberries

We went to pick more strawberries this morning. The weather was overcast and cool, and the field was saturated from all the rain lately. But four more baskets were picked. They are not as nice as the very first day we picked, with lots of berries spoiling in the field. But the ones we got are just fine - selective picking helped!  I made a double batch of strawberry/rhubarb jam and it turned out good- thickened nicely. And I froze some more. Perhaps tomorrow I may make more jam as have two baskets in the fridge yet, and almost a full basket in a cooler left. We will have to start eating them non stop before they spoil.
Pati, your prompt to do some summer reading with your suggested author Donna Leon struck home with me. I was in need of something for me, and since we were at the Mall and close to the Coles, I anxiously pursued the books. Couldn't find them until the worker pointed me to the Crime and Mystery section. Then did not know what might be the first book in the series, and worker could not help me. She went to ask another worker how to figure it out, but in meantime I decided to just buy one as there weren't really that many to choose from. Most series allow you to read any of the books without missing info necessary. And I still had a gift card Mike gave me for my Birthday....so it was all good! I bought The Golden Egg (2013) so it must be a more recent publication. So thanks for the idea and incentive to buy something for myself haha I started it last night and plan to get to bed soon and do some more reading.
Hoping your lawn is looking pretty spiffy by now. The pictures really told a story of what you are going through, and no wonder you took off to Steinbach haha
The radio station called me this morning to congratulate me on winning the Cruise Package- a fund raiser Cruise on the Chief Commanda this Friday evening. Harry keeps putting my name into the contests with the points I've earned but doesn't tell me. So the calls come as a surprise (shock) There will be BBQ, live music, door prizes etc. So think of me Friday night on Lake Nipissing!
Time to go....take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment