Tuesday, July 1, 2014

High water

Sunday I went to lunch with my new ATC group.  Going across the city I had to cross all three rivers and every one was high--the Seine scary high.  I think the Riverwalk is covered, along the Assiniboine.  Driving down Main street, just North of the Main St. Bridge, by Assiniboine I was in the curb lane planning to turn down River when there was a tree down, well into the curb lane.  Since it was raining, I was almost onto it before I saw it, but managed to get around it safely.  And when wasn't it raining over the past 4 days?  There were only 5 of us at the luncheon, and one didn't bring anything to trade, but it was a pleasure to be sitting inside the restaurant, looking out into trees and flowers, and feeling warm and cozy.  Our table was in a lower "sun room" type of area, so the windows were at waist level and so were the trees.  Really a very nice area.  Mind you, after lunch I got fairly wet walking to the car and had to turn the heat on to prevent a chill and to make the defroster work.  But I got 3 new cards, so it was worth it.

Last week we got coupons from the Marble Slab Creamery, so tried a sundae there.  It was better, and cheaper than where we usually go, so will  probably use up the rest of the  coupons before summer is over.

Yesterday was spent in the studio, and I accomplished a fair bit.  I hope to get some pictures on the other blog tonight. Today, we had to drive across to St. James to pick up some more fused glass cabochons.  We got home and, of course, I ran for the bathroom, so David took them downstairs, and took a look at them before I could.  This is very exciting for me, as I never know exactly what I'm going to get.  But first, since we did so little around the house yesterday, today we are working in the kitchen.  I had promised David brownies, and they are now in the oven. Two Shepard's Pies are in the fridge waiting for the potatoes that are cooking.  All of the dishes are done, and as soon as I can, it's down to check out the cabochon!  But for now it's good to sit down.


No comments:

Post a Comment