Saturday, July 26, 2014

My computer is home

It has been a long month but it is finally fixed. I have been reading faithfully, but my computer at work sometimes let me post and sometimes not.  It has been a bit crazy at work so I really didn't have time and when I got home all I wanted to do was crash.  The sent an ADR out from Winnipeg to help us but they also sent about 300 Winnipeg documents for him to do.  Over 70 of them were ones that I had to verify so that he could accept them, so we are even further behind now.  Overtime pretty much every day right now.  My holiday was really good.  the weather wasn't fantastic, but it was nice to be with family.  We played a game called Jok-r-ummy.  It is sort of like Frustration Rummy, but it comes with over 60 cards that tell you what you need to get in that hand.  You need to finish 7 cards to win and one game I went 5 rounds trying to get three 3s.  It sounds easy, but when you don't get the cards you are stuck.  I enjoyed it so much that Jim found it at Walmart and bought it for me.  Now I just need to get the kids home and play it with them.  Lily Festival is this weekend, as well as the drag races and the antique sale.  You'd think they could spread things out a bit.  Hopefully it won't rain today.  VCC has an outdoor art show that will have to be moved quickly if it rains.  And the rain day for the drag races is tomorrow.  If it is postponed, the volunteers for the drag race won't be able to work their volunteer shift at the antique sale so I will have to work an extra shift there (Which I really don't want to do)   Rrain has to bake 3 dozen oversized cookies for the lunch counter at the antique sale.  I found a recipe that everyone seemed to like so I will take all the supplies to VCC today so that they can be baked in a kitchen with air conditioning! (chocolate chip raisin oatmeal cookies)  There is an Elvis impersonator at the Lily Tent tonight  Jim really wants to see him and I really couldn't care less.  I might end up staying home and going to town to pick him up at midnight.  (Yippee)  I didn't win the lottery last night so I guess I have to go back to work on Monday.  Oh well,

1 comment:

  1. Hello Cat,
    We are glad you enjoyed Jok-R-ummy so much. We are trying to reach our fans across the Web to inform them about our online game due Q4/2014. Look for us on twitter or facebook for more news! :-)

    ReplyDelete