Sunday, July 13, 2014

Just checking in!

Was your trip worth it, Cathy?  I know that just the anticipation is worth the effort of going.  Too bad you had to come back to work?

Mickey is settling in nicely.  "We" seem to have established ta the big white wing chair is "his", and "we" are working on learning that he isn't going to sleep with us in our bed.  It has been just too hot at night lately to close the door.  Since it has been raining all day ( headed your way, Beth), it will be much cooler tonight and maybe all three of us can get some sleep.  We realized today that the reason he wants to sit on our kitchen counter is that this is the only window he can access on his own.  And there are birds out there!  Well, it's just not going to happen.  Yesterday we bought him a cheap cat  toy at WalMart and he has responded well to it.

Cooking is a skill like any other.  It must be practiced regularly to maintain a skill level.  Well, today I screwed up a Duncan Hines cake mix.  The instructions, which I followed to the letter, were confusing. But in the end, it tasted just fine, and we both enjoyed it.

The big sale is next Friday and Saturday.  this morning I tried to start printing off my labels and price cards.  My printer refused to print because it was too low on ink.  This hasn't happened to em before, but we recently had a whole bunch of up grades.  Something goes wrong every time that happens.

I'm glad you enjoyed The Quilt Show this week, Beth.  I want to try that image transfer technique she demonstrated, but I have no idea whatsoever where to find Citrosolv.  I'm guessing and old fashioned hardware store or maybe the chemical section of something like Rona.  Not going to happen in the next day or so.

Supper's over, the dishwasher is on, time for the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment