Sunday, June 21, 2015

Cherry Cheese cake

Haven't made one of these for ages and just now completed said cake and stored it in fridge for tomorrow.  Mike called to wish Harry Happy Fathers Day and wondered when we might get up to visit. As it turned out both Mike and Erin are off tomorrow so, tomorrow it is!  So as a treat I made said cake. I had all the ingredients as had thought of making it for their Birthdays (but Rhubarb prevailed at that time) I had bought a bag of ground graham wafers crumbs but when I added the melted butter, the concoction turned to a glue like substance. The grounds apparently were really too fine and I did not want to chance using this as the crust. So into the cupboard and fortunately I had a box of graham crackers - took out the rolling pin and had at it. Now I was happy with the crust. I have to remember NOT to buy crumbs again.  Have you folks had similar problems?
Been a really slow kind of day and when things slow down like this I start to feel like I'm not moving and basically useless. So I'm trying to keep myself busy - organized the shelf of plastic ware in the kitchen if you please haha!  Now I'm eating a bowl of potato salad, and next I do not know?  I likely will get out my hexis - this always makes me feel good.
Well, enough of idle talk and nothingness! Hope you folks are being a little more productive?
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment