Monday, June 8, 2015

Stormy Weather

We are still just putting in time.  I admit I'm feeling a bit of cabin fever, but at the same time, where do I need to go?

Yesterday was a rainy day.  Not good for old bones.  I tried to have a nap, and just lay there listening to rolling thunder.  It went on for a couple of hours, without a break, just wave after wave of thunder.  I can't remember ever hearing anything like it before.  Then, about 4:00 the actual storm arrived, with a vengeance. Heavy hail, torrential rain.  We were sure glad the car was in the garage!  And then the sun came out.  And it got humid.

Yesterday I gave into my laziness, and made a pot roast for supper, by throwing everything into the slow cooker.  Potatoes, onions, and carrots, along with the meat.  Added 2 cups of beef broth from a packet, and topped with a package of onion soup mix.  I had heard of this (Yankee Pot Roast??) but David hadn't, so was a little apprehensive.  But it was great.

Other than a trip to the library, we have nothing planned for today.  I am going to my Tuesday Stitchers tomorrow. so am going to practice with my cane around the house today, so that my friend, Susanne, won't have to deal with my walker.  The problem is that I keep forgetting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment