Sunday, June 28, 2015

Scavenging

Big Canada Day celebrations in Sundridge yesterday ending with 15 minutes of bang bang bang fireworks at 10 pm.  I just came back from taking the dog for a walk to the water front - all I could find was a dime. Sometimes after big crowd affairs one can find a quarter or a loonie but not this morning haha But it was nice and peaceful with a very fine misty rain falling. One house close to the lake had a bonfire going in their back yard - either still partying from last night or they like an early sit outside by the fire. I couldn't see any real person about but a few cars including one with a licence plate from Alberta.
I treated myself to a fire last night too! Sat by a real good fire fed with lots of the branches and sticks accumulated around the yard and I roasted marshmallows. It was great, and Scooby and I had a peaceful time.  I was hoping to sit long enough for the light to fade so I could see the fire glowing but by 8 pm with still lots of daylight in the sky  I gave up and came in.
Yesterday , speaking of scavenging, Harry went to garage sales and this time around I was the recipient of a couple of nice items. One was a Tim Hortons Limited edition mug new in the box with a package of coffee grounds. It was a 2011 mug which fortunately I did not have already. Also a gorgeous book The Notebooks of Emily Carr complete with an additional folder with 6" by 8" prints of some of her work. Wonderful - I shall enjoy reading this.  So I guess I can't complain about this can I?
Anyway, today, being a bit rainy outside, I plan to freeze strawberries, and bake banana muffins and maybe even sew a bit !!  Glad to hear Pati that you have some projects to concentrate on and feeling better getting back into the studio again. And what are you up to Cathy? Soon vacation ,eh!  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment