Friday, June 19, 2015

Dreary, rainy day

It's so hard to get "up and at 'em".  David was quite busy, today, trying to rack wine ( move it from one carboy to another, so as to get rid of some of the sludge at the bottom), but ended up breaking a 19 l. carboy.  Yeah, lots of broken glass all over the cement floor in the laundry room.  This lead to a trip to the wine store to buy a couple of more carboys, and handles for all that we own (Kachi-i-ing).  He was trying to get the laundry done at the same time, as I still haven't ventured down the basement stairs yet.  This afternoon was my second knee class, and amongst the nine of us there, eight complained of having a very poor day because of the weather.

Yesterday was a bit better.  We were out and about. and stopped into the store where my Royal Albert Commemorative mugs are sold.  Sure enough they had the "Poppy" pattern in. ( they had promised to call me when it came in) They also had one with the "Duchess" pattern.  I hadn't really looked at that one before, but it was quite pretty, with little blue flowers all around the inside rim.  Needless to say, we bought both.  This gives me 7 of them now, more than enough for anyone, so won't be looking any more.  Having checked them all out on the internet, there really isn't any other pattern I'm interested in, in any case.

Last night I watched "Balletluah"  on CBC.  This is an original ballet performed by the Alberta Ballet, choreographed to the music of k.d.lang.  The choreographer had tried to incorporate the emotions expressed in the music, as it related to events in her life (?!?)  There were several scenes of her discussing this with the choreographer.  The show had been heavily promoted, and I had wanted to see it, but was somewhat disappointed, as I had trouble relating emotions to music, despite having it explained to me.  I think if she had actually written some of the music and/or lyrics, it might have been easier to understand.

So now it's evening, and both of us are ready to turn into vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment