Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Park

I, too, have memories of the Park theatre.  I used to go on Saturday.  25 cents would get me in and popcorn.  I remember once, a man, sitting behind us, kept giving us money for candy.  I know now that he was a "dirty old man" but he never touched us.  I also remember seeing a horror movie where they ripped the beating heart out of a man.  Daddy had heart for supper.  I didn't eat it that night and i have never eaten it again.  I also think they must have some sort of screen there now, because a short film, filmed in neepawa, and starring local talent had its debut there just a couple of weeks ago.  It was called "Mockingbird"  It was a night of short horror films (June 12).  I auditioned but didn't get a part.  The other film "Amityville horror" had it's north american debut in Neepawa last week.  It was a British production.  We are so full of culture here

No comments:

Post a Comment