Thursday, June 25, 2015

Strawberries anyone?

Out the door early this morning and at the Berry Patch by 8 am - opening time.  Was easy picking as many nice ripe berries hanging down fresh with rain from the night before. We got 6 large baskets picked in no time, and then back home via the Nursery where Harry bought more plants for the garden.  I have one basket cleaned and some NutriWhip whipped up ( some left over in carton from Cheese Cake I made) So you know that  shall be having a bowl before too long (wish you were here!) The other five baskets are currently in two coolers with ice until I can find a way to get them into the fridge.
Did lots of weeding yesterday and expect will soon be out there again as it has cleared up nicely from that little bit of rain we had.  So much lettuce grown that I must have a salad or sandwich every day to keep up with it. Last evening I gave the neighbour two heads of romaine so thats two less that I will have to eat. Don't get me wrong - I love the fresh veg and salads from the garden but they all come to full growth all at the same time and its far too much for one person to "enjoy" - I will eat it all but eventually it is eaten to get rid of instead of to enjoy.
Hope all is fine with you folks. I really enjoyed our trip down memory lane Pati - any more we can take together? Only thing is you two seem to have the advantage of being still close to the action whereas it has been far too long since I left the city and have no idea of the changes that have occurred.  Pity....I often have to bring out the map to refresh my poor old memory of streets and areas that you mention.  The changed the Wpg Free Press web site so much that I don't go there every day like I used to and I miss that. It was a daily habit for me.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment