Monday, June 1, 2015

Plants

You ask about the garden.  At least one bunch of Lady Slippers is in bloom.  David has picked rhubarb three times now.  Yesterday, Loren and Jeremy were over to set up Netflix for me,and we had an abbreviated "Lion Ceremony". So, again, i can watch him dozing in the sun under the birdbath.  The front flower bed is a mass of ugly weeds.  But walking out to the car, I could smell the Lily-of-the-Valley, and I spotted both of my Columbine, one doing much better than the other.  "The other" is the very pretty one that I especially like.  We've discussed putting the whole flower bed into ground cover cedar, but the peony and ferns are doing fairy well.

Today we went out the the library.  My first outing.  We both agree that my brain appears to be turning to mush and I need more stimulation--so that I stop napping all the time.  I still haven't been able to take full responsibility for a meal, but then we are both dedicated to the simplest, easiest meals we can think of.  ( This was set up before I went into hospital)

Please keep blogging.  I can't contribute much right now, but I miss both of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment