Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Memories

Certainly, I have similar memories of the Park Theatre, and somewhat saddened to learn of renovations that you described have gutted the theatre proper. I thought it may still be a Theatre that showed International Shows but that must have been a long time ago.  I loved the bathroom - which I thought were so "elegant" as a young girl.  I can remember the owner stopping everything to caution us all. I guess all the old Theatres downtown, as we knew them,  have met their demise. Didn't you tell us Cathy that the Metropolitan was now a Restaurant?  On a brighter note, the little Village Theatre in Burks falls down the highway opened again after a two year hiatus. It was needing to upgrade to the new digital projection equipment and was either to close permanently or try to raise the money locally. A project was started to Save the Theatre and was very successful. We used to go there with the kids  - only open in summer months and draws a lot of the tourists. But now I don't go to Movies. I used to go occassionally with Mike in North Bay but that has long stopped.  I count on my DVD or VHS movies to keep me happy! I just bought the original The Pink Panther and watched it the other day. Fun to see all these old classics, and fun to look for them at the Restore or Value Village etc.
Rained last night and is very dark this morning so maybe more in store. It would be nice for the garden to get a soaking, and I would look forward to an "inside" day haha  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment