Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Two steps forward, one step back--or vice versa

Yeah, I ran into a little trouble Friday.  We were out an about quite a bit last week, with me using my cane.  Friday both legs were fatigued, and, unfortunately, a transfer went wrong.  Much pain,--scared me silly.  Then I couldn't get out of the tub.  David had to come to help, with me all naked and slippery. So, as of Friday afternoon, I am back with my walker, in the house and everywhere else.  I have limited my transfers to two chairs, my lift chair in the living room, and a wooden chair with armrests in the kitchen.  My office chair in the studio has been relegated to the closet by the front door, just in case I forget and try to use it.  Saturday, I didn't even get dressed.  Just vegged out in front of the tv, and napped (3 x during the day).

Yesterday, I had my Physio assessment.  A student, so a very thorough assessment.  I start knee class tomorrow, but in a basic beginners class, twice a week.  The Physio ( I had a chat with his supervising therapist, after my assessment.  The same lady who ran the knee class when I was in it last fall.) agrees that it's just a case of regress back to the day I got out of hospital, and take it one step at a time.  However, I have been doing a little "furniture walking" today, and managed a shower this morning ( after re- thinking my bathroom adaptations).  The hardest thing is not being able to get into the studio.  I was so ready to get down to work.  However, I am reading one hard cover book a day, so will be needing regular trips to the library over the next little while.

Beth, I've looked at underpants at Dollarama.  They are cotton, are they not?  And not my size (nothing inexpensive is--big sigh)  The last few times, I've bought them at the Bay.  Every time I go I pray that they still stock them--Jockey Silks ( or is it Silkies?)  They use a French sizing system, and actually carry large enough sizes for me.  However--almost $15.00/pair.  So I don't go often.

Yesterday, I made Seven Layer Dinner in the slow cooker.  Not bad at all.  A little overdone, but that was my fault for leaving it too long, as I was afraid the carrots wouldn't cook.  I had forgotten that it wouldn't loose any moisture in the slow cooker, Another time, I'll reduce the amount of fluid I put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment