Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Life is not really what I thought it might be

when I posted about my "wallowing in self pity'.  I seem to be experiencing more of a mellowing out. I have relaxed, I sleep better, and I appear to have reevaluated my priorities, somewhat unconsciously.  That is not to say that all is going well, but I just don't seem to be sweating the small things anymore.  However, if you need a moment of peace and beauty, may I suggest this small  U-tube video.  I found the link on the blog "Not afraid of Color". 
 www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzzkwgDk2FU

Yesterday was a bit of a wash out--grocery shopping when both of us appeared to be having a Fuzzy-brain day.  But we got'er done!  Then, realizing that I had forgotten to pay any bills, had to head out again.  This wasn't that much of a problem, as while putting the groceries away, I knocked over my big cup of expensive coffee, and spilled, all but a mouthful, down between the counter and the fridge.  Twice before we have pulled out the fridge and torn a gash in the flooring in front of it.  While doing the kitchen last summer, the contractor suggested some little plastic tracks that go under the fridge, forever.  These have other plastic tracks that hook onto the first set and allow the fridge to roll out safely--provided you attach them squarely and not at an angle.  Took awhile to sort that out, and took even longer to wash the floor that hasn't been touched in over a year.  This made us see that the whole floor needed attention. Oh Joy!

Anyway going out to pay the bills gave me the opportunity to buy another cup of coffee which I enjoyed outside. Always a pleasure.

I have reserved the new Louise Penny book at our library.  I am 289 on the list, but they have 74 copies, so maybe not too long a wait.  Our branch of the library, selves books while they are busy, and then searches out books request later when there are fewer customers or ht library is closed.  this can mean, that if your timing is right, you just might find a reserved book on the self for a few minutes, and if so, you are allowed to take it out.

Today I started on those wait-listed studio jobs that I had mentioned.  I painted two ceiling rosettes with "stormy, winter sky" colours, and that is now drying.  I also used the venting pipe we modified to start a Shibori dyeing trial.  It appears to be working beautifully, for the job, but I'll know better, once it comes out. And for something entirely weird, I've been cleaning out and drying used tea bags.  I plan to rubber stamp these and glue them over some prepared heavy water colour paper to make ATC's, for the meeting later this month.  I don't know what the theme of the exchange might turn out to be, but I know what they're getting.  I'll have to rationalize the theme in some way with whatever I produce.

What I haven't done is any journaling or Morning Pages. Maybe because I'm still sorting things out in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment