Tuesday, May 3, 2022

A little bit of pampering

 I might have mentioned that I went back to Starbucks the day after my B'day to check on their offer for a gift treat but that it did not accept my request as it was one day after the actual B'day. It had been months since I had gone it to the Coffee Shop. So I paid more on my card and bought a Chai Tea Latte as my gift to me haha! I realized that I enjoyed it so much that there was no real reason why I should not continue to treat myself when we went to Huntsville each week. The Starbucks is right beside the Canadian Tire gas pumps where we fill up all the time and from there Harry goes into the Dollarama which is also beside the Starbucks. So... I have been back twice since then today being one of those visits. But today i got really brazen and also ordered a chocolate chunk cookie to go with my Tea. I walk from the Coffee Shop over to the parking lot at Dollarama and sit by myself in the car while Harry is in the Store, and I am able to enjoy the time and the deliciousness of my Tea. The only thing missing is the both of you sitting with me and the fun and laughter we could have 😇😉😂

We bought a new outdoor table umbrella at Canadian Tire with the rewards money we have earned buying gas at their pumps. Amazing what you can save up collecting it each fill up. It paid for the umbrella and also a grave ornament for us to take to the Burying Ceremony for dear Daisy to be held on Monday May 9. It will be directly at the Cemetery in South River beside Eagle Lake where Daisy was born and raised and the family still has property there.

We needed the new umbrella since over this past horrid Winter the gazebo over top of our current umbrella collapsed and subsequently broke the umbrella which was under it. I know we should have taken both down for the Winter but that did not happen so we bear the blame i guess. We will not put up another gazebo but instead have this new larger umbrella over the table and it should protect us nicely if weather is inclement. When time allows, I love to sit here facing the garden and the little pond and sip at what ever I am sipping at, and enjoy the peace and quiet. usually this is in the early morning when i am alone and able to spend a few moments in the calm of the morning. Now that the weather is becoming more favourable to this, I am looking forward to it. Consequently i was out there this afternoon in the drizzle trying to tidy up. I shall need Harry's help to remove the bent frame of the gazebo but I should be able to do the rest myself. I am anxious to get it done. 

I am still following the news as best i can related to the flooding in Manitoba but most I get is on the CBC news and it's focus lately has been on the Pequis Reserve off the Fisher River North of Winnipeg relocating to Hotels in Winnipeg. Seems like a yearly event for those folks.

Time to put the birds and cats and dogs and rabbit to bed for the night and watch another Time Team before bed myself

Hope all is fine there and thinking of you...💏

No comments:

Post a Comment