Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Wet.....

 that's about the only answer to the question "how are you?" Yes we've enjoyed a few showers lately.  Never at a loss of something to say, in Manitoba.  "Nuff said!

Through out the day things happen and I say to myself "I'll have to blog about that",  but when I get a chance to sit down and do it, do you think I can remember?  Saturday I went to the mall to buy soap.  It was a zoo!  I ended up in a short dead end row in the parking lot. Discovered that the empty parking space was too small to get into, and had to back out the full length of the row.  I would never of been able to back out of the row itself, if some nice man in a truck hadn't stopped for me.  Then I drove out, and straight to Starbucks. I'll try for the soap today.

Amber and Jessica popped in last evening on the way to get her grad dress altered.  Oh My how things have changed.  It is floor length with a fairly full skirt, and the neckline plunges to the waist.  Did I mention that it's backless?  Oh yes, and bright scarlet as well.  Amber says that they've learned how expensive shaped stick on cups are as well as 2 sided flesh tape.  But I think it will look fabulous on her, especially with her waist length dark hair.  I wonder if Darren plans to go to the dance with her, taking his long gun along.

Yesterday was a coffee date with Gail and her friend Laurie H.  Gail's friend Lorie from Lorette was there for a bit.  She and Gail had arrived in separate cars, as Lorie had to leave early.  Gail and Laurie H. had a wonderful time conversing, with me struggling to get a word in edgewise.  This has given me a few minutes of thought, since.  The three of us had a wonderful visit, at Starbucks, before The Big Covid Shutdown, but hadn't been together as a group since then. ( lunch after the shoveling was different)  The two of them have obviously re-joined society and were chatting away, almost without taking a breath, but I had little to contribute.  Is this a side effect of my time shut up at home over the past 2 years, is it a part of "long Covid"? Or does old age play a role?  Maybe all three. The previous time we were together all of us had frequent, humorous input to the conversation.  I have a bad feeling about this.

This morning I had to admit that my tea infuser was "toast".  It was time to get the new one out--the one I bought on the internet early in the Covid shutdown.  We have become very cautious lately, wanting to make sure there is an extra of everything, just in case.  ( This is why I have 5 bottles of Maple Syrup in the pantry.  Memory problems?)  Now I need to find a source of another tea infuser.  My task for today.  I'm also in the process of selling a few of my no longer needed items from the studio.  I got rid of all the wool roving I had around, to a woman who teaches hand felting and needed some cheap stuff for her students.  She has also indicated an interest in my embellisher.  Sure hope that works out.

Best get on with the day.  Be safe, ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment