Thursday, May 26, 2022

And life goes on

Finally, after 3 unsuccessful years, the gallery in Selkirk was able to schedule an AGM.  Only 25 people showed up, but the work got done.  I had prepared what I thought was a reasonable report, and had received an e-mail with the appropriate documents to have with me during the meeting. Tuesday was planned as a very relaxing day so as not to be too exhausted for the meeting, considering I would have to go from my 1:00 meeting in Lorette, home for only a few minutes, and then straight to Selkirk during rush hour traffic. Tuesday evening, I tried to print these documents, including my report.  Well, the printer wasn't working, and after a bit of trial and error, I realized that it wasn't connected to our wifi network.  So I called Geek Squad, and was connected to a reasonable fellow. We worked on the problem for about an hour and a half, and were getting nowhere, so he accessed another fellow to take over.  We knew quite well that the issue was probably that our router had been changed as part of our upgrade, the previous Friday, and we were finally asked for and "administrative password.  Nothing worked, and after over two hours, Geek Squad admitted defeat. But I still hadn't been able to print my documents, and I would need the report, so it could be read at the meeting. I also realized that our efforts to save $11/month for 2 years, has now cost me the $12/month for extra channels, and a $400 for a piece of junk printer that's sitting on the desk

I decided that I would e-mail the report to the gallery, and hope to print it off, just prior to the meeting.  Just before leaving for Lorette, I re-read the rest of the documents and realized that the meeting wasn't being held in the Gallery itself.  Of I went hoping that there was a printer at the Senior Centre, where the meeting was held.  There was, but we found that it had no USB port to plug in my USB stick. Now I'm getting worried.  So, as I left the Senior Centre, I called Amber to see if I could drop in to print only one document.  Not home.  So I "bit the bullet" and dropped into Staples on my way home to print a one page document.  Wouldn't you know it, I couldn't get the printer to work from my USB stick, and had to ask for help.  The clerk was very gracious and we had a bit of a giggle about it being a ONE PAGE DOCUMENT so I offered to print two copies just to make it worthwhile.  The total including tax was $0.36.  But I had it, and was able to look good at the meeting, even with taking minutes as the secretary didn't show up.

During my quick stop at home, while I was making a "peskie", I heard a crash from the basement.  David had somehow fallen into the dryer.  The only obvious damage appeared to be to his dignity, so with him set up in his recliner, with a drink, his book, his glasses, and the tv remote, I felt comfortable leaving him.  By bedtime, he was sore and stiff.  With Tylenol, and a bit of a hand, he managed to get to sleep.  I checked on him a few times during the night, and he appeared to be sleeping like a log, but by morning the bruises had shown up and he couldn't put any pressure through his right arm, so, together, we got him dressed, (and that must have been a sight to see-hehe), and took him straight to the doctor.  Some nasty bruises, and a lot of pain, but after x-rays (plural), at about 1:00, we headed off for breakfast.  And that was about the end of any productivity for today.  We're both exhausted, and more than ready for bed.  

And tomorrow we do laundry.  The fun never ends.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment