Sunday, May 1, 2022

Time to re-think

 A bit of navel gazing, which I know is usually done on the other blog. The sale was a mixed blessing.  It was good to spend a day in the company of friends, all devoted to the same pursuit.  Unfortunately, the ladies appear to have decided that we need to do it again, probably just before Christmas. I was able to bring home enough money to pay our expenses, to wit, gas for 3 return trips to Lorette, all accomplished in pouring rain, and pizza for supper.  But, at the end of the day, I was exhausted.  While I slept well, I woke up this morning, had breakfast and went back to bed for 2 hours.  This afternoon, I put together, again, the small quilt that David took apart for me last week.  Glad to see the end of that.  

While I know it may be just emotional exhaustion, it is also telling me that I maybe need to reconsider my almost endless attempt to "purge" things from my life.  I'm very aware that this "urge to purge" is moving into other areas of my life.  While I'm finished with my wardrobe, today I started to purge my tea cupboard.  I had absolutely no idea how much tea I own.  Still not sure how much is hiding around the kitchen and in the two freezers.  Fortunately, I recognized that if I'm fuzzy-brained, and unsteady on my feet, perhaps I shouldn't think about getting a stool and taking a look at the higher shelves in the cupboard.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

But, for the rest of the the day, I've been non-functional.  David cooked supper, and I watched 2 1/2 episodes of Time Team.  The only decision I have to make is whether to have a bit of brandy before bed.  It helped last night, so maybe tonight as well.

p.s. I won $50 on 649 extra last night.  Some parts of the weekend were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment