Thursday, May 5, 2022

Small pleasures

 So good to hear that you've decided to embrace small pleasures, Beth.  We all need one or two (or more!) to help us carry on.  And even the obvious joy Cathy is experiencing in planning a party for Jim, gives both Beth and I a moment of pleasure.  We wouldn't give pleasure to others if we don't feel a part of it for ourselves.  My small pleasure was sitting in my yard drinking my coffee yesterday.  While I went to the craft group in Lorette, yesterday afternoon, ( another pleasure) David spent the whole time outside puttering, mainly in the garage.  The table and three chairs is now on the patio, and we both managed to get the umbrella stand set up in conjunction with the table.  This really is a two person job with one leaning on the table to hold it in place,  and peering down the central hole giving directions, while the other sits on a chair and tries to kick the very heavy, base into the proper position.  The hose reel is also in position with the hose neatly wound around it.  The hose had been out and lying all over the yard, after being used to pump the back yard out.

David had also put out the new "squirrel" feeder, complete with peanuts.  Neither of us was too pleased to see how quickly the squirrel found it.  Yes, I know that we've been asked not to have feeders, but David is too attached to his birds to do that.  I don't think we're going to be arrested, but if we are, I'll blame it all on him.

This morning I'm going to put the bread machine on, and then get back to the basement.  I'm supposed to being doing something every day, no matter how small a task, just to be able to say that I completed the 100 day challenge, with my 100 day deadline coming up soon, as the challenge started March 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment