Thursday, February 18, 2010

Be - yah, I've been quiet because......

..the computer, still! Not only our computer issues but also, our Service Provider went down. The other night after several more rounds of "what is wrong?" I called the Server Tech Support and little did I know that at this time our problems were actually theirs. The guy was in panic mode and told me he could not troubleshoot with me until they came back on line - when I asked for a time frame he replied "It's a zoo in here right now I have no idea what we're doing" So I politely told him I would call back another time. I called the next day and after about an hour of me hearing the Tech asking me questions I did not know or even understand, and talking me through actions and programs on the computer - even running speed tests. He made several recommendations. So then it was off to our Computer Man to make further enquiries. He was the one who set up our new system only two years ago. He scoffed at the recommendations and wants to go though the whole hard drive. So tomorrow we pack it all up and it goes to him for the weekend.
So to make a long story short, I do not know when I shall be able to access again. So if you do not hear from me, you will know why!
To Mothers again today but had to make a big detour because the highway was closed for 8 hours - a fatal car accident. It took us 1 1/2 hours instead of 30 min. Thank goodness coming home the road was cleared and open again.
I hear you about the Olympics, Cathy- we only have one channel and still see repeat after repeat - and the skating and curling and hockey which I would like to see are being shown on other channels eg TSN that we do not get.
Time to go. I'll write again when things get fixed.Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment