Thursday, February 25, 2010

Still alive and well...

Not much more to say. We were waiting for "payday" so we could do some grocery shopping, so have spent the last few days just hanging around the house. I've done a bit more dyeing, forgetting that I'm teaching a beading class this Saturday and will have to do a lot of demo's. So my poor hands have been bleached and washed with Gentle Orange ( or whatever it's called) then pumiced and bleached again. The poor things were looking terrible, so I used heavy duty hand cream on them, and the colour just looked worse. Too Bad!

We now have a mission to buy waterbed sheets. David is convinced that we can find them in the city, and close to home. I guess we find out today. As well the frame on the waterbed fell apart on Sunday. He fought and fought with it, drafting me to hold back the mattress while he worked. Finally he realized that I just couldn't do it and that we would have to drain the bed. He finally got it fixed, but it took most of the day. I'm thinking that I see the writing on the wall, and that some day soon we may have to replace the bed itself. I have the same feeling about the dryer. It wasn't replaced when we got our money from Dad, so is about 15 years old at this point. It is quite colourful, since I do most of my painting and dyeing on it, but a couple of times lately hasn't really dried the clothes the way it used to.

We had arranged to take Loren grocery shopping last evening, but he cancelled at the last minute so that he could watch the Canada/Russia hockey game. So we're off this morning. Then we have our own shopping to do.

I had planned to finish the handout for my beading class today, but I may not get to have it printed until tomorrow. I've been enjoying watching the figure skating this week. I can watch that and hand sew--working on samples for the beading class. I have another class on March 13th for the quilters, and have most of the samples for that done as well--thank Goodness for the Olympics! Now if Icould just make some money at this!!

Dianne and I have set ourselves up at The Fibre Divas--textile artists and teachers. I have registered the name and we have produced a business card. I think I told you about this awhile ago. Anyway, I've been handing out the cards and have now been approached by a gallery in the Exchange, about teaching for them next fall/winter. Unfortunately she appears to want the one class that isn't yet fully developed. Arg-h-h-h!

So while I talk a busy day, I still seem to be spending a lot of time in my basement! Have a good day. It's Thursday--closer to Friday than Wednesday was.

No comments:

Post a Comment