Saturday, February 27, 2010

Stress!!!

I'm up early because I had such a nightmare about my class today, that I realized I wouldn't be able to sleep any more. Then I discovered that we are low on milk, and my oatmeal breakfast isn't going to happen here. I try to have a really good breakfast on days like this, as I really don't know what the future holds. So-o-o I think I'll make David stop by Starbucks, on our way to the Museum, and buy me some of their oatmeal. That will be a treat! I'll be at the Museum all day, so I don't want to have to worry about parking downtown, so it's much easier to have him drive me. That way, too he has access to the car during the day--not that he's liable to use it.

I found out late yesterday that there may only be one or two students in my class--two of them dropped out this week. This puts me in a quandry ( I'm wearing too many hats!) I've put a lot of work into this, and I have a contract which calls for notification by February 21st if the class has fewer than 3 registrants. But I know how precarious the Museum's finances are. The "tipping point' is that the curator spoke to me on Tuesday and asked if I would make up two or three more kits, just in case someone signs up at the last minute ( the contract also calls for the Museum to pay me for kits) So I think I'm going to stick to my guns and take the money for the class, although I'll be a little less demanding in terms of the kit fees--as I'll still have the kits. I have a real hunch that they have counted people who haven't actually paid--always a mistake.

All of this is slowly working in my favour. I now have several classes all prepared, including hand-outs, that I can market. In the past, I've quickly put together a class, on whatever topic, whenever I've been asked, but now I can be a little more pro-active.

No comments:

Post a Comment