Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Busy

Pati here
I sem very busy these days, and yet I don't see accomplishing anything with my "busy-ness". I have a meeting this afternoon--here--and spent most of yesterday cleaning the bathroom. I've heard the expression the " work expands to fill the time allotted to it". Sure seems to be true around here. With having to fix the car, and buy pills, this is sort of a lean month, so David baked fruit bread for me to serve this afternoon. I tried it this morning and I'm not really sure that it's cooked. What a dilemna! He's off at the doctor ( 7:15 appointment, so he might make it home by 10:30), so I'll wait until he gets home and have him try it. Nothing went right making it and he had to scrap the first batch and start over, so he was at it, literally, all day yesterday.

We bought a tripod for our camera. We now have a fairly expensive set up, when you take into consideration the PhotoShop Elements program I bought and the coures I took on using it ( which taught me very little). I suggested that we take a class on how to use use the camera, but he's reluctant. Getting my work photographed is an expensive chore, and one that is getting more and more important as I exhibit more and more. So many show decisions are made on the basis of whatever photograph is submitted, and they have ways of checking to make sure that you don't Photoshop the picture before entering it. ( You're allowed to crop and re-size but that's all) So being able to take a good photo is critical.

So, off to finish house cleaning. Once the ladies leave, it'll be time for "strong drink", to celebrate one more milestone on my path to divesting myself of volunteer commitments.

No comments:

Post a Comment