Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Be - Tuesday means Violin Lesson!

As I prepare for another trip to North Bay for my violin lesson this afternoon, I shall write another blog entry before I go. Harry is on his way home from Kirkland Lake - he called me at 8 am to say he has left his brothers now - we plan to meet in North Bay at Mike's.
I was up in the middle of the night last night wandering around the garden. The forecast said it would be 5 degrees overnight so I left the heaters off in both greenhouses. As I watched the temperature drop and drop I knew I might be in trouble so out I went into the night armed with a flashlight and blankets. I needed to turn two heaters on in the the big greenhouse and then one in the other but also had to cover the entrances with blankets in order to keep the heat inside. It did freeze so I was thankful to be so watchful during the night. So much time and effort have gone into tending to them that I was not going to run a chance of losing them - especially on "my watch". I had spent another three hours yesterday afternoon (after coming back from spending the morning and lunch at Mothers) watering and staking and moving and caring for the plants etc. Life is grand! The TV has all the hockey playoffs on every night so even TV watching hasn't been especially exciting. I still read novels - large print novels from the library have me spoiled now. I went back to a regular print book and realized how much better the large print is for me. Patty maybe Dave should look into getting the Robb novels which I know he reads in the larger print- could check out your library perhaps?
Anyway, much to do before I leave for North Bay so must go now. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment