Thursday, April 8, 2010

big weekend

starts now. Over the noon hour, I have to drop off the quilts I have for display, as well as the stock I have for the little boutique they run, at the CanadInn Polo Park. I have a funeral at 3:00 on Portage west of the perimeter. Then this evening I'm supposed to be going to a presentation from various people who have gone to other countries to study, or participate in craft-related events and actvities. The way I feel right now, I have no interest in the craft event, but a friend is presenting on a trip she made to Korea as part of a special government sponsored tour. She probably wouldn't notice whether I was there or not, and she has lots of other friends. Tomorrow I'm volunteering at the quilt show in the morning and then there is an evening event that I'm quite looking forward to ( a trunk show by Pippa Moore--this is an acquaintance who spends time in Uganda trying to establish quilting as a cottage industry for grandmothers raising grandchildren whose parents have died--and other disadvantaged women). Then Saturday and Sunday in a class with Pippa Moore where we will be making wall quilts using African fabrics and beads that she has brought back with her.I just hope I can survive all this fun and frivality.

One thing I'm looking forward to is being able to visit the vendors at the quilt show. In particular is Copperfield's Books. He usually has all sorts of bargains, and, for some reason, I'm feeling the need for books.

No comments:

Post a Comment