Saturday, April 24, 2010

Home again

They let us leave early on Friday , so early that I am not sure why I had to stay on Thursday, except I got to see Pati. I was home by 1:00 pm. Jim must have missed me, because he had lunch waiting... he wasn't sure what I might like, so he had made spagetti sauce, cut up some potatoes for home made fries and had taken steak out of the freezer. He just wanted to cover all the bases! I didn't expect to be as tired as I was Friday night. By 4pm I was feeling burnt out and I was in bed before 8! The course was good I learned a lot of things that applied to my work. Usually they force us to take courses that really don't apply. It was on work that I am already doing, but that I have had no formal training for. We worked with some of the people in surveys in Winnipeg, but we also got some history on some things that I have been confused about (CLA res, M&M, Sand & gravel, Railway case....... not that you asked :) ) Now things are back to normal. There is a supper here tomorrow night... A Taste of Greece. There was a phone message for me asking if one of us could work the late shift on the bar (we are signed up for the early shift) and could I be there at 9am to help decorate. And for all our help we get our tickets for $25 each instead of $35. I will have to think about the bar. Jim is only going to the supper because of me, and I don't think that he will want to sit by himself while I work the bar by myself, nor will he want to work a shift by himself. At least the late shift will end at 10 pm and not 1 am. I hope you both enjoy your weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment