Saturday, April 17, 2010

It finally happened!

Doesn't happen often in a marriage, but I'm finally sicker than he is. I told him this morning that he was on his own for meals etc today. He is going to call Amber and cancel supper for tomorrow evening. I expect that today will be up a bit, sleep a bit, and repeat as necessary.



I matched three numbers on last night's lottery ticket. Now I know that this might mean a win of all of $2.00, but it's the first win we've had in months, so cause for celebration.

David will be having one cataract done, but it probably won't be for 6 months--which brings us to late October and my plans for a quilting retreat. Deal with it when it happens, I guess. Que Sera Sera! The flexible lens will cost less than $400. I had thought it would be much more. They are also looking at a lens that can address his astigmatism. That one would be over $800, and he's reluctant to go that far. The way I feel today--who cares? A typical man he tended to down play the trouble he's having with his vision, but the Doctor insisted that I be present during the examination--thank Goodness.

This has been a "sick" house for a month now, and this morning I took a look around. There was even dust on the toaster, and now there is dust on the clean spot where someone swiped the dust on the small corner table. Something else for me to worry about--but not today.

Harry seems to have recovered from his gout quickly--probably a good thing. Darren suffers from gout and it drives him crazy. Your plants sound well on their way, Beth. Nothing is happening here. We need rain badly, but neither of us is well enough to actually go out and water. No, we haven't been out on our bikes yet, although yesterday would have been perfect. Warm, sunny and little wind. I need to spend a few days riding around the neighbourhood to build up tolerance before striking out onto the bike path. Isn't going to happen soon. Bed time again now, I think. You should see the words I'm typing before I go over again with the spell checker. And my space bar seems to have a mind of its own. Have a great weekend ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment